Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Saved by the veggies

And once again vegetables save the day.

Today I had the munchies all day. I kept putting food into my mouth. Just some instictual habitual action that seemed almost undead. Reanimated. Something my body was just DOING without my mind's permission.

But I was able to redirect my body from the junk food and the pizza leftovers to things like carrots and celery. I had three, cup sized bowls full of my homemade sauerkraut. I ate more carrots. I made a massive pan of fried vegetables for dinner: cauliflower, broccoli, more carrots, onions and served it with tilapia (200 calories for half a pound). Drank a lot of water.

I kept tabulating my calories as I ate. And I ate. I ate and ate and ate. I ate a mound of vegetables. I ate a half pound of fish. I felt full, and miserable, and regreftul that I was unable to get back on track after hitting a weight loss plateau for a month....

...but when I added up all the calories for the day, it was just a hair over my recommended intake for my ideal weight. And playing some touch football with the kids outside for a bit shaved all that off and put me a bit below my ideal weight calorie requirements.

Huzzah.

No comments:

Post a Comment