Friday, November 25, 2011

The Day After FoodEating...er...I Mean Thanksgiving Day.

Yesterday being Thanksgiving and all, I gave a lot of thanks. And by "Giving Thanks" I mean I "Crammed Food Into My Face." I gave thanks all afternoon and into the evening. I'm not exactly sure how much thanks I gave, but I know that at one point my tummy felt as hard as a rock, and not from my bulging abs (which I don't have) but from being crammed with turkey.

My brother and I sat around thinking up alternative names for Thanksgiving that more accurately reflected the nature of the holiday:

"ThanksFeasting Day"
"FoodEating Day"
"FatGiving Day"

FoodEating Day brought to you by Stove Top.

I don't regret a bit of it. I didn't even bother recording the food I ate into my usual calorie counter. I just ignored it. It's a single black void in my month long consistent streak of tracking every food item that goes into gut. And that's okay.

My first impulse today, being the day after Thanksgiving, was to have a day of fasting. But that seems a bit on the silly side. I'm trying to establish a routine, healthy eating habit that I can live with for the rest of my life. Not some Frankenstein diet hell bent on punishing myself for having a single day of gluttony.

So today I'm back to trying to establish a normal, healthy eating habit with sane portions. Sane portions is the key, I think. I'm trying to teach myself what sane portions are.

No comments:

Post a Comment