Monday, January 9, 2012

Mmmmmm...pork........something.....

My Lose 10 Pounds in January effort is somewhat on and off. I seem to do well keeping within my calories during the day. Then in the evening I somehow manag to pig out. Last night I slipped up quit a bit and ended with a calorie deficit of just 200 calories instead of the 1250 I need. So I need to double down.

Yet somehow I still made what was probably an unfortunate purchase today.

I bought chorizo sausage from the local meats market, and I'm a bit terrified of it...it was 33 cents per POUND. Cheaper than bologna. Cheaper than hot dogs. Cheaper than a bag of fat and "cracklins" (that's fancy talk for cartilage). 33 cents per pound.

Terrifying. I don't even want to know what's in it, really. So of course I bought two pounds of it. I intend to eat some of it this very evening once the kids are in bed...I don't want to give them nightmares. Pork something....

No comments:

Post a Comment